Establish relationships with the FCN Networks in all Regions by continuing to reach them by phone or email.
Communicate with all Lutheran Schools of Nursing re: Associate Membership
Communicate with faculty offering preparation courses, offering them information about LFCNA and asking them to share the information
Explore ways to introduce membership to other Lutheran Denominations.
Develop a toolkit to help Directors reach out to Synods to find Parish Nurses in the congregations.
2. Maintain Member Retention rate at or above 90%
Develop a follow-up methodology for contacting lapsed members
Consider personal contacts with each member annually via email and/or phone
3. Contact ELCA staff to make LFCNA more visible and accessible on their website and offer assistance to update the online information.
4. Explore strategies to encourage greater participation in peer sharing groups.
Create a poll
Host a focus group with members who don’t attend to discuss barriers to participation
5. In collaboration with Outreach and Communications Committees, provide periodic communication with the synods regarding LFCNA and/or health related information as a way of keeping the organization name and mission visible.
1. Obtain LFCNA Connections Newsletter Click rate (those who actually open the newsletter) of 60% or greater. 2.Promote members contributions to the newsletter. 3.Increase the number of likes and followers on our Facebook page to 200 each and contributors to 5 4.Implement the LFCNA name changes on public documents, website, and Facebook 5.Reformat the resource pages on the website. 6.Review every website page for currency, appearance, and relevance. 7. Increase the number of photos on the web site related to parish nurse activities.
Promote the use of the photo release form.
Be more specific about what photos would be wanted. Classes like CPR, exercise, walking group
8. Engage Regional Directors in reviewing their Regional pages and make needed updates.
Have a Zoom meeting with each Director.
9. Collaborate with Finance, Outreach, and Membership Committees to communicate relevant information and increase visibility.
1. Review/develop position description for the ED, Regional Directors, Officers and Committee Responsibilities. 2. Review all Policies, Guidelines and Forms with attention to name change of organization. 3. Add at least 1 new member to the committee. 4. Develop an orientation/mentoring plan for new board members and officers. 5. Develop a ballot for the 2023 election, for officers serving in 2024. 6. Collaborate with the Finance Committee on long-term funding for the ED position.
1. Evaluate the status of the PowerPoints created in 2022 for Seminaries, Schools of Nursing, Synods, and Congregations and refine as needed. Also develop a strategy for deployment/use. 2. Follow-up with Seminaries and Schools of Nursing re: providing information on Faith Community Nursing 3. Initiate dialogue with staff from the churchwide Service and Justice Division/Building Resilient Communities 4. Reach out to WELCA, Living Lutheran, and other related organizations/entities to partner for outreach opportunities 5. Continue dialogue with LCMS and other Lutheran Denominations regarding the support of faith community nurses and ministries 6. Collaborate with Finance and Membership Committees to communicate relevant information and increase visibility.
1. Sponsor 4 paid educational events in 2023 2. Sponsor a free/unpaid educational event as part of the annual meeting 3. Seek CEUs for the 5 events noted in goals a. and b. 4. Collaborate with Brenda Bauer to offer a 3-part series from Barbara Karnes entitled This is How People Die. 5. Collaborate with Annette Langdon to host two or more free events that offer attendees more information and experiences with Spiritual Practices.
1. Complete development of an Investment Policy for LFCNA 2.Project a 5-year strategic plan related to financial needs 3.Work with the membership committee to develop membership strategies to increase income 4.Promote greater awareness of our financial position and ways to support LFCNA through the newsletter 5.Evaluate organizational needs for financial management --- specifically Quicken vs. QuickBooks 6.As committee members, commit to strengthening financial stewardship through continuing education. 7.Seek out 3 – 5 Foundations to partner with for increasing assets 8.Explore the concept of Fiscal Partnerships 9.Collaborate with Outreach Membership Committees to communicate relevant information and increase visibility. 10. Collaborate with the Governance Committee on long-term funding for the ED position.
1. Continue to offer 2 grants per year up to $750.00. Deadlines will be March 15 and October 15. 2. Develop an applicant guideline for writing the goals and objectives so that they can be measurable and specific to what the applicant is potentially desiring to achieve with the grant. 3. Collaborate with the Executive Director on the Ellen Weller Memorial Scholarship. Develop a process for awarding this scholarship.