Some of our National ELPNA accomplishments include:
- Church Wide Assembly Comfort Stations where convention attendees can rest, receive minor first aide, blood pressure screenings, bring prayer concerns. and receive triage for medical issues.
- A great www.elpna.org web site that is updated regularly.
- Local Synod Gathering Comfort Stations in Region 3 modeled after Church Wide Assembly and staffed by local parish nurses or members or Region 3 Board of Directors
- Many of our members attend Westberg Symposium in Memphis, Tennessee where we hold an informational meeting especially for Lutheran Nurses.
- As of October 2018 we have representatives on the Board of Directors from all 9 ELCA Regions!! We meet monthly via conference call.
- We continue to promote parish/faith community nursing in the synods, Region 3 has provided grant funds for start-up costs in Lutheran churches, and grant funds are now available in other Regions as well. Contact the Region al Representative from the Board of Directors, found on each Regional page of the web site.
- March 18, 2016 the updated National By Laws were approved, making the National By Laws now separate from the Rgion 3 By Laws. This was needed because the Region 3 developed the first By Laws . Now each Region may have it's own By Laws as other regions grow and develop. Region 3 By Laws were updated in October 2016.
- We were present at the 2017 WELCA meeting in Minneapolis, MN.
- The Nation al Board held a Board Retreat to gather face to face in October 2017. Tammy Divine from Portico Benefit Services led us in discovering our gifts individaully and how we can use these gifts as we work together. We discussed goals for 2018 that are challenging and will continue to help us grow as an organization.