To join us download and print the membership form.
CLICK HERE for the 2021 Membership Form.
Membership in the ELPNA is currently defined by participation and meeting the following criteria:
- Completed a Parish Nurse foundation course;
- Pay annual dues;
- Be in active practice, either paid or unpaid, in an ELCA or other Lutheran congregation; or
- Have membership in the ELCA, or other Lutheran congregation, or
- Be retired from parish nursing in an ELCA or other Lutheran congregation or
- Have a position which coordinates, educates or supports ELCA parish nurses or other Lutheran parish nurses.
Annual dues are $40.00 for one year, $60 for two years, and $300.00 for a lifetime membership.
Whether you are a paid or unpaid Parish Nurse, you may want to ask your congregation to support you by paying your dues to this professional organization. We have drafted a letter you can personalize and send to your pastor, parish council president, or appropriate committee. This letter is to request that the church help in paying for the dues as a way to show support for your ministry.
Click here to download the letter.
Support: Annual financial support is provided by member dues and gifts. All gifts are welcome.
The dues and gifts are used in part to support this web site, provide planned gatherings, and sponsor grant opportunities.
Consider Directing your Thrivent Choice Dollars to ELPNA --
The Thrivent Choice® program encourages benefit members to recommend where Thrivent Financial distributes an amount of its charitable grant funds. Thrivent members make this recommendation by directing Choice Dollars to nonprofit organizations, including churches and other non-profit organizations. ELPNA is a participating organization, an entity to which you can direct your choice dollars.
To be eligible to participate in Thrivent Choice, you must be a benefit member. Individual eligibility is also based on at least one of the following: * Holding a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position. * Having $750 or more in annual premiums of qualifying insurance products. * Having $20,000 or more in contract value of qualifying products.
If you are a Thrivent Member, please consider directing your Thrivent Choice Dollars to ELPNA.
Points of Interest:
- In 2019 we had a total membership of 116. One of our goals is to achieve a 95% retention rate for renewals and to increase our membership by 10 each year.
- In 2019, nationally the ELPNA awarded three Lutheran churches grants to help with start up funds for health ministry programs and funding to send a nurse to a Parish Nurse Preparation Course.
Why Join ELPNA?
Because ELPNA members:
- Help promote and support parish nursing within the ELCA and other Lutheran Congregations, and encourage the development of parish nurse programs in all ELCA and other Lutheran congregations. Part of your membership dues helps provide grants for these programs.
- Receive a 40% discount on a one year subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, including print, online, mobile view, iPad, and archives back to 1984.JCN publishes parish nursing continuing education articles approved by ANCC for relicensure and certification for parish nurses, in every issue. Also receive a discount for CEU's on specific articles in the JCN. These discount codes will be sent along with the thank you note and membership card after your dues are received. If you are a member and cannot find the discount code, contact Phyllis Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find networking opportunities and forums for sharing programs, projects, and resources through our web site. Through our www.elpna.org web site find directions to connect with the Westberg Knowledge Sharing Program. http://www.elpna.org/news/news-events.php
- Support the promotion of health and wellness among congregations and church leaders through our presence at churchwide and synod gatherings.
- Help to assure that Parish Nurses have a place at Synod Councils and are integrated into the practices and future development of the Church.
- Part of your professional responsibility as a Parish/Faith Community Nurse.
For Further Information:
Carol DeSchepper, Execuative Director (email@example.com)
Lucina Kimpel, Chair (Kimpel10@gmail.com)
To Join: Download and print out the Membership Form from the link at the top of this page.. Send the filled-out membership form and dues to:
PO Box 8117
St Paul, MN 55108