To join us download and print the membership form.
CLICK HERE for the Membership Form.
Whether you are a paid or unpaid Parish Nurse, you may want to ask your congregation to support you by paying your dues to this professional organization. We have drafted a letter you can personalize and send to your pastor, parish council president, or appropriate committee. This letter is to request that the church help in paying for the dues as a way to show support for your ministry.
Click here to download the letter.
Membership: Membership is open to Registered Nurses who have completed a Parish Nurse Preparation class and are paid/unpaid/retired staff with an ELCA or other Lutheran congregation. Annual dues of $30.00 are paid each January.
Support: Annual financial support is provided by member dues and gifts. All gifts are welcome.
The dues and gifts are used in part to support this web site, provide planned gatherings, and sponsor grant opportunities.
Points of Interest:
- In 2017 we had a total membership of 133, the largest membership in 5 years. We are continuing to grow!!
- In 2017, the ELPNA Region 3 awarded three Lutheran churches grants to help with start up funds for health ministry programs and funding to send a nurse to a Parish Nurse Preparation Course.
Why Join ELPNA?
Because ELPNA members:
- Help promote and support parish nursing within the ELCA and other Lutheran Congregations, and encourage the development of parish nurse programs in all ELCA and other Lutheran congregations.
- Receive a 40% discount on a one year subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, including print, online, mobile view, iPad, and archives back to 1984.JCN publishes parish nursing continuing education articles approved by ANCC for relicensure and certification for parish nurses, in every issue. Also receive a discount for CEU's on specific articles in the JCN. These discount codes will be sent along with the thank you note and membership card after your dues are received. If you are a member and cannot find the discount code, contact Phyllis Bruce at email@example.com.
- Find networking opportunities and forums for sharing programs, projects, and resources through our web site and blog.
- Support the promotion of health and wellness among congregations and church leaders through our presence at churchwide and synod gatherings.
- Help to assure that Parish Nurses have a place at Synod Councils and are integrated into the practices and future development of the Church.
For Further Information:
Carol DeSchepper, National Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rose Umland, Region 3 Chair (email@example.com)
To Join: Download and print out the Membership Form from the link at the top of this page.. Send the filled-out membership form and dues to:
PO Box 8117
St Paul, MN 55108