To join us download and print the membership form. Click here for the Membership Form.
Membership: Membership is open to Registered Nurses who have completed a Parish Nurse Preparation class and are paid/unpaid/retired staff with an ELCA or other Lutheran congregation. Annual dues of $30.00 are paid each January.
Support : Annual financial support is provided by member dues, gifts, and a contribution from the Partnership Table of the Minneapolis Area Synod of the ELCA. All gifts are welcome.
Points of Interest:
- In 2016, the ELPNA Region 3 awarded four Lutheran churches grants to help with start up funds for health ministry programs and funding to send a nurse to a Parish Nurse Preparation Course.
- The 2016 ELPNA membership was 120 Parish Nurses. Region 3 = 72, the other 8 Regions = 48.
Why Join ELPNA:
- To promote and support parish nursing within the ELCA and other Lutheran Congregations, and encourage the development of parish nurse programs in all ELCA and other Lutheran congregations.
- To received a 40% discount on a one year subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, including print, online, mobile view, iPad, and archives back to 1984.JCN publishes parish nursing continuing education articles approved by ANCC for relicensure and certification for parish nurses, in every issue. Discount code will be sent along with the thank you note and membership card. If you are a member and cannot find the discount code, contact Phyllis Bruce at email@example.com.
- To enhance the spiritual development of ELCA Parish Nurses.
- To support parish nurses in their ministries and encourage appropriate wage and benefit standards.
- To provide networking opportunities and forums for sharing programs, projects, and resources;
- To promote wellness among congregations and church leaders.
- To assure Parish Nurses have a place at Synod Councils and are integrated into the practices and future development of the Church.
For Further Info:
Beth Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Nordtvedt (email@example.com) Co-Chairs.
Carol DeSchepper, National Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To Join: Download and print out the Membership Form from the link at the top of this page.. Send the filled-out membership form and dues to:
PO Box 8117
St Paul, MN 55118